Where are the best Ballroom, Latin and Swing Dance Lesson in Reno?

 

Where are the best Ballroom, Latin, and Swing Dance lessons in Reno?

Well, if you know me you know I am going to say at The Ballroom of Reno  but give me a chance to explain myself.

When I moved to Reno years ago I looked at all the ballroom dance studios and discovered one thing very quickly.  I sure as hell would not take a lesson from the level of teachers that were teaching around here at the time.

Now I was a former DanceSport finalist and was then just starting to compete in West Coast Swing and was looking for a partner.  So, my level of expectation is much higher than someone just starting out.  But what I saw mostly was "business as usual" at the ballroom studios.  Kind of slick, kind of slimy, and wanting you to buy more lessons all the time.  

I decided I would rent some floor space and start my dance teaching business here in Reno Nv.  I loved the dancers and the people, just not the studios.  So, I stayed as an independent teacher.  It was not long before other students started watching me teach and always being friendly to people that were not my students (so many only say hi to you if you are their student or want money from you)  My business quickly built up without me even asking or soliciting anyone to take lessons with me.   So let's fast forward...

I became a West Coast Swing Allstar and Champion, I loved all the dancers in Reno, Sparks, and Carson areas but hated the way the studios were treating students.  It was like the student did not matter unless buying more lessons and after they would buy a block of lessons the teacher (usually the owner of the studio) would cancel or no show them.  What a bunch of shit!!

So the need was created to build something better.  Not be just another ballroom studio.  Finally with a group of people headed by Jeffrey Lynn the Ballroom of Reno School of Dance was born.  

They were different from the start.  The Ballroom is a non-profit, they offer free classes every week, they have all independent teachers that charge their own rates, but every one offers the beginner introductory special of 2 private lessons for $39...yeah 39 bucks!  Then there is a second package or 4 private lessons for $199.  Then after that, it is up to the instructor but everyone I know that teaches there keeps the rates much lower than other studios anywhere because they only have to pay floor rental fees.  So the student gets a better deal and the teacher can make a living.  

There is so much I could talk about that is better and different at the Ballroom of Reno but to keep this short for now, what makes them the best Ballroom, Latin, and Swing Dance studio for lessons in Reno the biggest difference is they are a Ballroom Dance Studio with a purpose to help our Reno community and underserved through the non-profit side.  Also, there is no drama or competition within the studio and the students feel safe, comfortable, and happy as shit.  

I recommend you check them out.  I can rent floor space anywhere and the Ballroom is the only place I would teach out of.  The teachers there are top-notch, ethical, and fun to take lessons from.

Hope to see you on the dance floor,


Be a good human.

Cheers,

J

Jeffrey has taught all over the United States but makes his home at The Ballroom of Reno School of Dance.  He can teach anywhere but The Ballroom of Reno is a non-profit that touches the community through free group classes and programs such as Dance with me through Dementia, Classes taught at The Boys and Girls Club and other underserved youth and adult dance programs, the 7000 square feet of dance floor, combined with the wonderful people and no sales pressure attitude makes it the best ballroom dance studio in Reno Nv.  

https://sites.google.com/view/westcoastswingdancelessonsreno/home

https://sites.google.com/view/salsa-and-bachata-classes-reno/home?authuser=0

https://sites.google.com/view/ballroomdancelessonsreno/home

The Ballroom of Reno YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc90uXjVRZTzOvOhDGef0sA

Better West Coast Swing YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLLLPj_ZQU5mRUJogVj40w


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

West Coast Swing in Reno = Fun, Laughs and a Dork Teacher

West Coast Swing Dancing in Reno and Sparks

Are Private Lessons for Adults in Dance Classes in Reno Worth The Cost?