Best West Coast Swing Dance Classes and Dancing in Reno

 

What is the Best West Coast Swing Dance Class and Dancing in Reno or Sparks?


What would you think I am going to say is the best West Coast Swing class and lessons in Reno (and Sparks) are?

The answer will actually surprise you.  I truly believe we have several excellent teachers in Reno, Sparks, and Carson.  I just have been blessed to be able to teach at what I believe and feel is the best ballroom dance studio in Reno. and have been received warmly by our local west coast swing community.

Naming all the great west coast swing dance teachers in Reno would get me in trouble because I will of course forget someone but the few I feel that teach true westie style swing and not that caricature we call "ballroom west coast swing" version are Dani Canziani, Tim Renner, Angie Bryan, and Mark Blume (who doesn't teach anymore but has a great Escape Game Puzzle Room business called Keystone Escape Games)  Dani was my original teacher and is a national swing dance judge, Tim has taught me many things by watching him dance and Angie and I came up the circuit together becoming Allstars and champion level dancers, Mark taught me more about music and setting up my partner while having a beer (or two) than I ever learned in a lesson from one of my many champion coaches. 

Why I feel this group of WCS teachers are so good (I will include myself in this group is because we are all dance professionals and have competed successfully and earned our way to Allstar and champion status.  We study, have danced with some of the best in the world, compete, teach and continue to be students of our dance.  

I make my living teaching and for a long time, I was a professional International Ballroom DanceSport competitor dancing in the finals of many championships, as well as a West Coast Swing Allstar dancing all around the country.  I took this shit seriously because I wanted to be a better dancer and teacher for my students.  I am so lucky to be able to share my knowledge with new and long-time dancers.  There is nothing better than seeing someone that wants to get better at dancing and become the best social dancer they can become no matter what level they are.  


People ask me why I teach a free beginner class every week at the Ballroom of Reno (Mondays at 6pm by the way) and why so many of my intermediate/advanced class students keep coming to it.  

First of all the class is free because I want to give back to the dance community that has embraced me so much and to grow our swing dance community.  The reason higher-level dancers are coming is that they want to work on fundamentals while helping the newer dancers learn what it feels like done correctly.   I applaud everyone that comes to class because it takes some nerve to put yourself out there and be willing to learn.  

I will write an article later on what you should work on while you are in the lower level classes and how to have a mindset that is open to hear new ideas.  

Until then I look forward to seeing you on the dance floor at the Ballroom and every Tuesday night at the Little Waldorf for social dancing.  

For more information on my free weekly class check out the Ballroom of Reno's website theballroomofreno.org

They also offer great beginner introductory specials.  The Ballroom feels you should not have to go broke learning how to dance.  

Be a Good Human

Cheers,

J

Jeffrey has taught all over the United States but makes his home at The Ballroom of Reno School of Dance.  He can teach anywhere but The Ballroom of Reno is a non-profit that touches the community through free group classes and programs such as Dance with me through Dementia, Classes taught at The Boys and Girls Club and other underserved youth and adult dance programs, the 7000 square feet of dance floor, combined with the wonderful people and no sales pressure attitude makes it the best ballroom dance studio in Reno Nv.  

https://sites.google.com/view/westcoastswingdancelessonsreno/home

https://sites.google.com/view/salsa-and-bachata-classes-reno/home?authuser=0

https://sites.google.com/view/ballroomdancelessonsreno/home

The Ballroom of Reno YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc90uXjVRZTzOvOhDGef0sA

Better West Coast Swing YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLLLPj_ZQU5mRUJogVj40w


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

West Coast Swing in Reno = Fun, Laughs and a Dork Teacher

West Coast Swing Dancing in Reno and Sparks

Are Private Lessons for Adults in Dance Classes in Reno Worth The Cost?